Visit Perth - Information about the city
- Population estimate: over 1,650,000
- City Size: over 5000 kmÂ²
- County: Perth District
- Country: Australia
- Average temperature: 12-24 degrees
- Currency: Australian Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): Perth airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses, ferries
- Time zone: Australian Western Standard Time (UTC+8)
Activities in Perth
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Perth? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Perth's best attractions could include:
- Swim with dolphins: Meet the sea's friendliest mammals in the warm waters off Perth's immaculate coastline
- Soccer in Kings Park: Try to score against your friends as you breathe in the fresh air of the scenic King's Park
- Fremantle Prison Torchlight Tour: Take a spooky nighttime tour of this historic former prison.
- Sail on the Swan River: Go for a leisurely boat trip on this beautiful river, or, if you're feeling adventurous, why not try waterskiing for a speedier approach.
- Kaplan Karaoke Party: Sing your heart out with fellow students. You don't need talent to enjoy a Kaplan Karaoke Party!
- Journey into the Outback: Grab the rare opportunity to see Australia's colourful native wildflowers in the Pinnacles desert.
- Go for cocktails: Sip at a long mixed drink as the sun sets at the end of your day's studies.
- Visit historic Fremantle: Shop at the 'Freo' markets or wander round a gallery to take in the creativity of the artistic Fremantle area.
- Swan Valley Wine Tour: Taste delicious Australian wines made from juicy grapes grown in the country's best vineyards.
- Relax over coffee: Visit the strips of Claremont and Victoria park to enjoy cafÃ© culture under the Australian sun.
- Hike along the Bibbulmun track: Complete the trek from Perth to Albany through the wild Australian Bush country.
- Brazil Night: Listen to the lively rhythms of Sambalicious, Australia's number 1 Brazilian band, every week at The Deen hotel bar.