Visit Bath - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 80,000
- Urban area Size: over 300 kmÂ²
- County: Somerset
- Country: England
- Average temperature: 6-14 degrees
- Currency: Pound Sterling
- Nearest Airport(s): Bristol Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
Activities in Bath
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Bath? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Bathâ€™s best attractions could include:
- World famous Ancient Roman Baths : Visit this preserved historic site, voted the most romantic building in Britain and be warmed by the steam rising up off the hot spring waters.
- Hit the Shops : Explore Bathâ€™s great shopping facilities and find that special purchase in one of its unique boutiques.
- Day trip to London : Take the short journey to Englandâ€™s bustling Capital to take in all the sights and sounds of the big city, including the famous Buckingham Palace.
- Go Punting on the River : Enjoy bank side views of Bathâ€™s beautiful architecture from the water on a leisurely punting trip with friends.
- Local Pubs and Restaurants : Have a sociable night out at one of Bathâ€™s welcoming pubs and restaurants.
- Longleat Safari Park : Take a journey around the World as you drive through the enclosures at Longleat Safari Park just outside Bath and get up close to roaring lions and cheeky monkeys to name but a few.
- Relax at the Spa : Have a peaceful pamper day and enjoy the Romansâ€™ favourite pastime bathing in warm natural waters.
- Visit thriving Bristol : Hop on a bus to the nearby city to enjoy all Bristol has to offer, including a brilliant live music sceneâ€¦perhaps you could spot the next big thing?
- Go for a Picnic : Try Britainâ€™s tasty treats in one of Bathâ€™s picturesque public gardens.
- Check out a Museum : Bath has 14 different Museums on offer, which one will you visit first?