English Activities in Cambridge
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Cambridge? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Cambridge's best attractions could include:
- Breathtaking Architecture: Tour the majestic Colleges that have made Cambridge known throughout the World for its academic excellence.
- Relaxing Parks: Have a lazy day in the sun at one of Cambridge's beautiful parks, the perfect place for a picnic or friendly game of football.
- Outdoor Shakespeare Festival: Watch the dramatic performances by the city's up-and-coming actors and actresses in some of history's most famous plays.
- Have a laugh: Visit the Corn Exchange for hilarious stand up comedy, as well as live music concerts and shows.
- Thriving student nightlife: Hit the many busy bars and clubs to meet Cambridge's diverse and friendly international student population.
- Row along the river Cam: Drift slowly through the city along the winding river or challenge yourself to get speedy, like the teams in the legendary Oxford vs. Cambridge boat race.
- London day trips: All the thrills of England's action-packed Capital are just a short train ride away.
- Pick a winner: Can you predict which horse will win at the Newmarket racetrack?
- Grab a bargain: From the 3 floor Grand Arcade to the buzzing Cambridge market, you're sure to find what you're looking for in Cambridge's huge variety of shops.
- Treat yourself: Taste the delicious cakes and buns of Fitzbillies, Cambridge's Oldest craft bakery and restaurant.