Visit Salisbury - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 50,000
- County: Wiltshire
- Country: England
- Average temperature: 7-14 degrees
- Currency: Pound Sterling
- Nearest Airport(s): Southampton Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
Activities in Salisbury
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Salisbury? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Salisbury’s best attractions could include:
- Climb the Cathedral Spire : Challenge yourself to take on the 300 steps to the top of the highest cathedral spire in Britain.
- Sport, sport and more sport : From golf and bowling to tennis and more, there’s always something to keep you active in Salisbury.
- Learn something : Wander round the local museums for a fascinating day out.
- Mysterious Stonehenge : Gaze upon the towering stones of nearby Stonehenge.
- London trips : Spend a weekend in England’s busy capital city to see all of its inviting attractions.
- Walk on the wild side : Explore Salisbury’s scenic natural surroundings.
- Check out the latest releases : Head to the cinema to watch the newest British and US films.
- Find a bargain : Save a few pounds at the twice-weekly Salisbury market.
- Watch a play : Enjoy Salisbury’s thriving theatre scene.
- Go trekking : Have an adventure on horseback in the beautiful countryside around Salisbury.