Accommodation in Honolulu
Living in a private home offers a warm and secure way to immerse yourself in the daily life of your new country. Many of our families have looked after students for many years and are familiar with the challenges of living in a foreign country. Many of the customs you observe will be very different from those you are used to at home. The family routine and the food you eat may be different from at home.
Homestay is the right option for you:
- If you are interested in a welcoming and supportive native speaking living environment.
- If you would like to experience local culture 24 hours a day.
- If you are interested in establishing lifetime contacts with your host family.
Our homestay program boasts a strong network of local families – all accommodation is carefully inspected by the accommodation officer and our host families are chosen for their kind welcome and supportive attitude. Students living in host families will commute to school via bus, which is fast and reliable in Honolulu. A limited number of homestays are available. Students staying with a host will have the opportunity to experience American life. Unless you have paid the single supplement and a single placement has been confirmed to you by , you will be placed in a twin room with another student. Breakfast and dinner Monday to Friday will be provided by the host. Students are responsible for buying their own lunch during the week. All meals will be provided at home on the weekends.
Are you looking for a more independent and flexible living option?
The residence is directly across the street from the school. It is a modern student residence where students will have the opportunity to mingle with American students who attend Hawaii Pacific University, University of Hawaii and other local schools. Each room comes with an en suite bathroom, two desks and air conditioning. The residence also has a swimming pool, a TV lounge and laundry facilities. The residence has kitchenettes, but students can also choose to purchase a meal plan option.
A residence is the right option for you:
- If you want to be within easy traveling distance to the school and city center.
- If you want the ultimate flexibility in how you live – often with self-catering facilities.
- If you want to the experience of living in the heart of your host city while maintaining high independence.