Visit Irvine - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 215,000
- Urban Area Size: over 180 km2
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 11-24 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): John Wayne Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in Irvine
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Irvine? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Irvineâ€™s best attractions could include:
- Winter Wonderland : Get set for Irvineâ€™s ski season in the picturesque nearby mountains.
- Beach barbecues : Warm home-cooked food on the beach at sunsetâ€¦who could ask for more?
- Outdoor action : From mountain hiking to watery whale watching, Irvine has something for everyone.
- Catch! Watch the exciting live action of the Dodgers baseball team playing ball in nearby LA.
- Did you know? Learn something new every day at the Huntington Library or Getty Museum to name just a few.
- Make a splash : Which of Wild Rivers Water Parkâ€™s 40+ slides will be your favorite?
- Palace Park : Enjoy the bumper boats, go-carts and arcade of â€˜Boomersâ€™ amusement centre in the park.
- Surfâ€™s up : Try out Californiaâ€™s most famous pastime; surfing.
- Hit the shops : Find that special bargain at one of Orange Countyâ€™s large range of shopping areas.
- Thrilling times : Indulge your inner child at Disneyland, Sea World or Universal Studios