Visit Los Angeles - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 3,800,000
- Urban Area Size: over 1,200 km2
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 13-24 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): Los Angeles International Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in Los Angeles
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Los Angeles? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Los Angeles’s best attractions could include:
- Visit Mickey Mouse : Spend a day at the original home of Disney’s most popular characters; Disneyland.
- Work on your suntan : Choose between many gorgeous sunny Californian beaches including Venice Beach and Malibu Beach.
- Be the audience : Take your seat to watch one of your favourite TV shows being taped live.
- Party on the seas : Join a boat party cruise at Newport; the drinks are included so it’s bound to be a great night.
- Viva Las Vegas : Spend a weekend away in Las Vegas to try your luck at the many casinos.
- Splash the cash : Head down to Melrose Street for the latest fashion trends.
- Starry nights : Wander along the Hollywood walk of fame to see the stars and do a bit of celebrity spotting.
- Let’s go surfing : Try to ride the waves with style at Huntington Beach.
- Nature’s giants : See the enormous Blue Whale in its natural habitat from a whale watching boat tour at Newport Landing.
- Battle of the bands : Listen to live music at the Roxy theatre, from the biggest names to the newest local talent.