English Courses and programs at language school in USA - Miami
Look at the various courses below for learning English:
- Intensive English Course
- Semi-intensive English Course
- Cambridge Examination Courses
- First Certificate (FCE)
- Advanced Certificate (CAE)
- University Preparation
- Individual Courses
- Holiday Courses
- Conversation Course
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Preparation and Exam
- Business English Courses
Classes start every Monday: 20 hours per week. 2 - 36 weeks
This Intensive English learning program gives you all the skills you need to master the English language. We emphasize practical communication and the four major skills - listening, speaking, reading and writing, are integrated into class activities.
Whether you are in college, just starting your career or climbing the corporate ladder, we can provide you with the tools you will need for effective English communication.
Elective courses include: TOEFL test preparation, Business English or Oral Communication Skills. Self-access materials to develop listening skills, review grammar or improve vocabulary and idiomatic expression.
|Levels||Class Size||Class Hours||Schedule|
|9 levels from beginning to advanced||Average 8-12||20 hours per week||Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
15 hours per week.
If you are coming to the USA both for business and pleasure, then this course is for you. Semi-Intensive English includes all elements to learn the English language while still allowing you free time later in the day to pursue your own personal schedule.
20 hours per week, 4-12 weeks
Zoni Miami Beach is one of the very few Cambridge Examination Centres in the United States, and our students have achieved a high level of success in First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency levels.
Courses provide a complete review and development of all the skills that relate to the examinations. Complete papers are practiced under exam conditions and feedback given. Examinations are held at the school in the last week of the course.
|Length||Hours per week||Schedule|
|4, 8 and 12 weeks||25||Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
The FCE is the most widely taken of all the Cambridge examinations. We offer this course to students at the upper-intermediate level. The examination requires knowledge of all the language skills and is widely recognized in educational institutions, industry and commerce as proof of language ability at the upper-intermediate level. Certificates are awarded to students who pass the exam with a grade of A, B or C. Grades D and E are failing grades.
The FCE course will prepare students for all five sections of the examination papers:
- Reading Comprehension: The students are examined on their ability to understand written information and closely linked points of vocabulary usage.
- Composition: Candidates are examined on their ability to generate natural use of the English language in response to a variety of situations. Two compositions of between 120 and 180 words from a choice of five topics are required.
- Use of English: Candidates are tested on the use and usage of the English language.
- Listening Comprehension: This section consists of 3 or 4 recordings of varying length and nature, selected to test listening skills with a variety of exercises, such as matching, fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice.
- Interview: All candidates are assessed individually on their ability to interact in conversational English.
The CAE examination offers a high-level final qualification in the language to those who need to use English extensively in their jobs. Our preparation is offered to students at the advanced level. It is envisaged that the examination will be taken by candidates who range from adolescents to young professional people.
The CAE course will prepare students for all five examination papers:
- Reading Comprehension: This paper contains four texts selected to test a range of reading skills and strategies, with various types of matching and multiple-choice terms.
- Writing: This paper consists of two compulsory tasks of approximately 250 words each. No choice is offered for the first task; for the second task, students can select from a choice of four.
- English in Use: The three sections of this paper test the ability to apply knowledge of the language system, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Listening Comprehension: This paper contains four texts of varying length and nature, selected to test a wide range of listening skills with various types for matching, completion and multiple-choice terms.
- Interview: Candidates are examined in pairs by two external examiners. The four phases of the paper are designed to elicit a wide range of speaking skills and strategies from both candidates.
The objectives of the University Preparation program are to help you:
- Achieve a high level of fluency through a long period of study and immersion in American culture
- Access to one of the world’s most diverse and exciting cities
- Prepare for a Cambridge Examination and the TOEFL test
Class Size: Maximum 10, average 6
Timetable: 25 hours per week, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Course Length: 36 weeks
Course Dates: Available throughout the year
Content for this English Language Course
General English: We focus on practical communication skills for learning the English language, with emphasis on speaking, pronunciation and listening. We introduce and practice vocabulary, colloquial English, idioms and grammar using interesting and stimulating ways to achieve fluency in everyday English.
Situational/Social English: In the afternoons, you will learn English phrases that will help you in youreveryday social, academic and work life. You will take part in formal discussions, informal conversations and presentations. Beginners will focus on conversations to practice the basics of everyday English use. More advanced students will enhance their new language learning experience with presentations on cross-cultural and international topics followed by discussion.
Examination Preparation: You can choose to take a Cambridge examination course (First Certificate, Advanced or Proficiency) or the TOEFL if you are considering study at an American University. Please note that Zoni Miami Beach is the Open Center for the University of Cambridge for the southern United States
Tailored to your specific requirements through Zoni Miami Beach’s detailed "needs analysis" process, our private courses can help you meet your language learning objectives within a limited period of time. Whether you are preparing for a major business presentation or negotiation, or improving your English in general for social and business situations, we can design your individual course for rapid and effective results. For most efficient results, we recommend 30 lessons per week.
Duration: 15 lessons per week 2-8 weeks. Combine a structured language course with a vacation in the United States! Our Holiday Courses combine accommodations, daily activities and English language learning, into a blended holiday and learning experience. The program offers a variety of excursions and activities that can be included in your specific program or added on a pay-as-you-go basis. You also can take advantage of the many optional excursions we offer.
The primary objective of the Conversation Course is to develop students’ abilities to express themselves in everyday situations. Students work on pronunciation, vocabulary and idioms to enhance their conversational skills. Our participants also receive individualized feedback on grammar and pronunciation errors.
|Length||Supplies||Hours per week||Schedule||Starting date|
|4 weeks||$20||10||Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Starts on any Monday|
All foreign students must have a high TOEFL score if they wish to enter a U.S. university (usually 550 or higher). Your test score defines your proficiency in English. The objective of the TOEFL Preparation and Exam course is to prepare students for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam and help them to achieve the necessary TOEFL score. Each week, we offer a practice test that simulates actual TOEFL exam conditions as closely as possible. All sections - listening, grammar and reading - are given back-to-back and are timed.
Computer Based TOEFL Test (CBT): The new Computer-Based TOEFL Test (CBT) is divided into four different parts: listening, grammar, reading and writing. Our course format and actual test-taking process have been modified to adapt to the new CBT test so that students will be well prepared to take the official CBT test. Our TOEFL Preparation course is conducted in the Multimedia Learning Center, and the instructor will assign each student an individual training program. Written skills are also practiced for the TWE (Test of Written English); a timed essay is given each week with topics that can be seen on any TWE exam.
|Length||Tuition Fee||Supplies and Exam Fee||Hours per Week||Schedule||Starting Date|
|4 weeks||See Course Fees||See Course Fees||15||Monday -Friday||Starts on any Monday|
The Business English course emphasizes a variety of skills needed by professionals to work competently and comfortably in the English-speaking business world. Students will learn the English language and will develop their skills in the following areas:
- Public relations
- Phone etiquette
- Listening and note-taking skills
- Analyzing business-related articles
- Understanding American culture and business writing
Students in the Business English course perfect their English by interviewing, giving oral presentations, producing a portfolio of business letters and learning to use idiomatic expressions in English. Students also receive individualized attention on grammar and pronunciation. Class activities can include:
- Phone etiquette
- Public relations
- Resume writing