Visit Portland - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 580,000
- Urban Area Size: over 370 km2
- State: Oregon
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 7-16 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): Portland International Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in Portland
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Portland? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Portland's best attractions could include:
- Take a sip : Try a homemade speciality beer from one of Portland's huge range of microbreweries.
- Feast yourself : Taste the delights of the Pearl district's many restaurants, offering 3 delicious courses for just $25 throughout "dining month".
- Get green : Relax in one of Portland's idyllic Gardens, or experience wildlife of a different kind at Oregon zoo.
- Sporting greats : Will the mighty Portland Trail Blazers take down their opponents at the Rose Garden Arena?
- Snow sports galore : Journey to the top of the towering Mt. Hood, then shoot back down again by skis or snowboard.
- Live music : Check out the local talent, at a range of excellent events including the chilled-out Waterfront Blues Festival.
- "Last Thursday" : Experience the lively street fair that takes place every last Thursday of the month, offering everything from tasty snacks to captivating live performances and artwork.
- Shopping sprees for less : Shopping in Oregon state is tax free, so you save valuable cash whenever you buy anything in Portland's great variety of shops and boutiques.
- Exhilarating jetboat rides : From the impressive Willamette Falls waterfall to Portland's beautiful shore side architecture, on a speedy jetboat you have time to see it all.
- Lloyd center ice rink : Can you become a pro gracefully gliding over the glistening ice?