Visit San Diego - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 1,350,000
- Urban Area Size: over 960 km2
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 14-21 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): San Diego (Lindbergh) International Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in San Diego
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in San Diego? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of San Diego’s best attractions could include:
- Life’s a beach : Work on your tan on the sandy shores of California.
- Life at sea : Try your hand at a huge variety of watersports, from surfing and diving to kayaking and snorkeling.
- Sports, sports, sports : Grab your skateboard, play a round of golf or beat your friends at tennis; San Diego gives you the chance to try it all and much, much more.
- Snow days : Enjoy skiing down snow capped mountain peaks during California’s ski season.
- Animal adventures : From fishy friends at SeaWorld to the rare Giant Panda’s at San Diego Zoo, this city is home to some of the planet’s most fascinating species.
- Bright city lights : Check out the thriving nightlife of the scenic Gaslamp District.
- A step back in time : Experience the Hispanic flavors of the historic Old Town.
- City getaways : Why not spend a weekend trying your luck in Las Vegas or star-spotting in LA?
- A world of edible delights : Sample many different types of international cuisine at San Diego’s diverse array of restaurants.