Visit Seattle - information about the city
- Population estimate: over 610,000
- Urban Area Size: over 360 km2
- State: Washington
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 8-16 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in Seattle
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Seattle? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Seattleâ€™s best attractions could include:
- Never-ending views : Enjoy panoramic 360 degree views from the Seattle Space Needle.
- Mountain adventures : Challenge yourself to hike up Seattleâ€™s nearby mountains, then take the quick way down on skis.
- A world of water : Take a leisurely walk along Seattleâ€™s scenic waterfront area, or hire a kayak to appreciate the beauty of the area from a whole new level.
- To market! From fresh farm grown fruits to arts and crafts, the Pike Place Market has something for everyone.
- Street side talent : Simply explore Seattleâ€™s roads and pathways to take in the most talented street performers and musicians.
- A walk on the wild side : Get up close to nature at the Woodland Park Zoo.
- Going underground : Discover the hidden subterranean passages that used to be Seattleâ€™s main streets on Bill Speidelâ€™s spooky guided Underground Tour.
- Awe-inspiring architecture : Take a trip to the Seattle Public library, a beautiful building full of literary delights and fascinating facts.
- Tribal times : Experience life in a traditional tribal setting at Tillicum Village, including live dances, storytelling and even a tasty salmon bake.