Practical Info about the city
- Population estimate: over 590,000
- Urban Area Size: over 175 km2
- State: District of Columbia, Maryland/Virginia border
- Country: USA
- Average temperature: 9-19 degrees
- Currency: American Dollar
- Nearest Airport(s): Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washinton Dulles International Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Public transport: Trains, buses, Subway trains
- Time zone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Activities in Washington DC
Keen to get started enjoying the fantastic entertainment opportunities that await you in Washington? Kaplan will take away all the hassle of planning, as our dedicated events coordinators provide you with a jam-packed schedule of fun things to do in and around the city with your new friends, from lively nights out to exciting day trips. Your line-up of Washington’s best attractions could include:
- Bargain hunt : Find that special something in Georgetown, Washington’s premier shopping destination.
- Delicious delicacies : Try the tasty offerings of the Dupont Circle’s many fine restaurants.
- Get the party started : Sample U Street’s energetic nightlife.
- Fascinating facts : Discover a world of interesting ideas and events at the Smithsonian Institutes free museums.
- Be amazed by architecture : Gaze at some of the world’s most beautiful buildings including the majestic White House and the Library of Congress.
- Hit the water : Get away from it all as you sail along the Potomac River’s gentle waters.
- Picnic time : Enjoy the great outdoors with your new friends at Kaplan.
- Take your seat : Visit Nationals Park, home stadium of the Nationals, Washington’s most famous baseball team, for live action sport.
- Peace in the park : Spend sunny days enjoying the picturesque scenery in Washington’s Rock Creek Park.