The C么te d'Azur is one of the sunniest regions in France, benefiting from a highly agreeable climate and possessing many outstanding beauty spots. It is understandably one of the world's most highly appreciated tourist destinations.
During your stay you will be living in Antibes/Juan les Pins, which together form a single commune. To the East, old Antibes, fortified by Vauban, lies encircled by its ramparts. Old Antibes is a traditional Mediterranean sea port, with its Proven莽al market, narrow shopping streets and medieval castle (which in 1949 became the first museum in the world devoted to the works of Picasso.
To the West, the modern town of Juan les Pins is famous for its effervescent atmosphere, seen at its most lively in the summer season, with colourful bistros and fashionable pubs, the Jazz Festival (the most long-established in France) and beaches of pale golden sands...
Antibes, lying as it does in the heart of both the traditional C么te d'Azur and today's modern, technological sector of the C么te d'Azur is ideally situated geographically.
The town is:
- 15 km from the Nice/C么te d'Azur international airport, the second largest in France.
- 8 km from Sophia Antipolis, Europe's largest technopole 10 km from Cannes, with its famous festivals.
- 20 km from Nice, the capital of the C么te d'Azur and the fifth largest city in France.
- 50 km from the Principality of Monaco.
- 60 km from Italy.
- 70 km from St Tropez.
- 1 hour by plane from Paris (hourly arrivals and departures).
- a few hours by ferry from Corsica.
Despite standing on the shores of the Mediterranean, Antibes is within a short distance of the Alps, for delightful excursions in summer as well as winter sports.
The town is:
- Discover the Mercantour National Park, just 70 km distant, with its fascinating and wholly protected flora and fauna (including ibex, mouflons, chamois, royal eagles and even wolves). The Vall茅e des Montagnes is one of the most fascinating mountain sites in Europe.
- Go skiing: the skiing season lasts from December to March. The famous resorts of Auron and Isola 2000 are only 100 km away.