Learn Spanish in Spain, M├ęxico, Costa Rica, Colombia or Argentina
Whatever your motivation -be it professional, career goals, examinations, your education in general or just plain fun- there is always a course that will fit you like a glove. Studying Spanish is more than learning the world's second most-used language. It also means having a wonderful experience and making friends from all over the world - all assets for life. If you would like to contact any of our schools, just select any of the destinations below:
- Language School in Barcelona
- Language School in Madrid
- Language School in Salamanca
- Language School in Granada
- Language School in Alicante
- Language School in Tenerife
- Language School in Valencia
- Language School in Sevilla
- Language School in Marbella
- Language School in Cadiz
- Language School in Pamplona
- Language School in Malaga
Why Learn Spanish in Spain, Mexico, Argentina or Costa Rica?
If you speak Spanish you can communicate with nearly 500 million people in the world! This means you will have a greater number of possibilities in the labour market. Should you only want to visit Spain, a basic level of Spanish will help you go far! You could choose among different kind of courses: business, intensive, begginner, intermediate spanish, etc.
Spanish in Figures...
- At the end of the 19th century, 60 million people were Spanish speakers. Today, nearly 500 million people across the world speak Spanish!
- Spanish is the mother tongue of approximately 350 million people in 21 countries (Mexico: 95 million, Spain: 40 million, Argentina: 35 million, Colombia: 35 million, Venezuela: 25 million, Peru: 20 million...).
- Spanish is the second most used language in international communication.
- The Hispanic population in the United States has grown by 60 per cent in just one decade. At present there are 35,5 million Hispanics, representing 12,5 per cent of the total population.
- Due to this increase there is a growing demand for the media to be in Spanish: radio, television, newspaper, magazines,...
- The Latin American countries are experiencing strong economic growth and they are becoming important commercial partners.
- The creation of MERCOSUR and many other free trade agreements between South American countries and North America (ALADI, the Andean Community, CACM, NAFTA, G3) which already exist in order to improve the economies of these countries, making them more efficient and competitive.
Source: Instituto Cervantes, Anuario Español en el Mundo 1999-2001.
Cultural Indicators ...
Latin Culture has made a great contribution to the world’s art and literature. You must surely listen and dance to Latin rhythms, watch films with Latin actors and enjoy the paintings of famous Latin artists...
- Dance: Salsa, Merengue, Flamenco, Tango, Rumba, Pasodoble, Sevillanas
- Music: Julio and Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, Jennifer López
- Actors: Antonio Banderas, Penélope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Andy García, Martin Sheen
- Painters: Picasso, Velázquez, Dalí, Botero
- Literature: Cervantes, García Márquez, Vargas Llosa, Isabel Allende
- Architecture: Gaudí, Santiago Calatrava, Rafael Moneo, César Manrique
- Sports: Rafa Nadal, Fernando Alonso, Pau Gasol, Sergio García
If after reading about the unique and interesting Latin culture, Mexico - or indeed Spain - does appeal to you, rest assured that it is all waiting for you just a cheap and short flight away. You can check out the various flights with an agencia de viajes to ensure you are getting the best deal and from here, begin to plan your language learning holiday!