Accommodation in Costa Rica
Living in a private home offers a warm and secure way to immerse yourself in the daily life of your new country. Many of our families have looked after students for many years and are familiar with the challenges of living in a foreign country. Many of the customs you observe will be very different from those you are used to at home. The family routine and the food you eat may be different from at home.
Homestay is the right option for you:
- If you are interested in a welcoming and supportive native speaking living environment.
- If you would like to experience local culture 24 hours a day.
- If you are interested in establishing lifetime contacts with your host family.
Our homestay program boasts a strong network of local families – all accommodation is carefully inspected by the accommodation officer and our host families are chosen for their kind welcome and supportive attitude. Costa Ricans are famous for their hospitality, sociability and willingness to share. Students are often impressed by the food they share with their host families (breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday and all meals on the weekends) For lunch you can buy a snack/ sandwich on your own.
Are you looking for a more independent and flexible living option? As a luxurious housing alternative, we offer the option of residence accommodation, located in the same building as the school (classrooms on the ground floor and residences are above on the first floor). Residence accommodation is generally in shared bedrooms. All rooms have AC, TV, en suite bathrooms and access to kitchen facilities. Meals: Accommodation in the residence is self catering and each student apartment has an equipped kitchen that is shared between four students. There is also a full year round off campus residence with single and twin rooms.
A residence is the right option for you:
- If you want to be within easy traveling distance to the school and city center.
- If you want the ultimate flexibility in how you live – often with self-catering facilities.
- If you want to the experience of living in the heart of your host city while maintaining high independence.