Spanish School in Barcelona
Situated between the Mediterranean Beaches and the mountains of Montuïc, Barcelona is the second biggest city in Spain. It is an avant-garde and muliticultural city where the work of Antoni Gaudi (Art Nouveau) and the medieval architecture of the Gothic quarter are combined to make Barcelona one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Spain and Europe. Two official languages are spoken here: Catalan and Castillian Spanish.
The city has seen a huge renaissance thanks to the Olympic Games in 1992, which allowed it to generate a lot of urban development in order to be able to accommodate the many tourists coming from all over the world.
Don Quijote Spanish School in Barcelona
Our school is situated in a 5 store building on the famous boulevard of Gran Via, just opposite the Ritz hotel. The school comprises 65 bright classrooms, many of which have a balcony. On the ground floor is the staff room, a multimedia room and a communal area where you can watch TV, have a coffee, meet other students or do your homework.
- Intensive Spanish
- General 20+5
- General 30+5
- Spanish for life
- Professional Spanish
- Teachers of Spanish
- Work experience
- Paid work
- Premium Spanish
- Individual courses
- Premium courses
- Specialised courses
- Business Spanish
- Official exam
- D.E.L.E and Chamber of Commerce
- Christmas Courses
- For children and teenagers
- Summer courses
- Sardanas : A traditional Catalan dance, the people of Barcelona get together in front of the cathedral to celebrate and dance.
- Castellers : The Castell are human towers, which can sometimes be up to 9 levels high !
- San Jordi : On the 23rd April, the Catalans celebrate san Jordi, giving presents of either roses or books.
- La Mercè : This is the celebration of the patron saint of Barcelona, which takes place on the weekend nearest to the 24th September. Many activities and festivities are organised.
Activities and excursions
A programme of activities and excursions is put in place each week. The activities are usually in the late afternoon and Saturday mornings. Examples:
- Study of modernism
- Basic Catalan
- Spanish songs
- Excursions to Figueras Monserrat
- Spanish Language School in Barcelona
- Spanish Language School in Granada
- Spanish Language School in Madrid
- Spanish Language School in Marbella
- Spanish Language School in Salamanca
- Spanish Language School in Sevilla
- Spanish Language School in Tenerife
- Spanish Language School in Valencia
- Spanish Language School in Guanajuato (Mexico)