Learn Spanish in Granada
Granada (345 000 inhabitants) is a Spanish city, situated in the province of Granada and the autonomous community of Andalusia. The city covers 88 km² and is surrounded by Huétor Vega, Maracaña and Armilla, located 89 km North East of Malaga. The city is geographically diverse, with its coastal area with a hot climate, the Genil plain and the colder mountain regions where you´ll find the Mulhacén, which at 3481m altitude, is the highest point of the Iberian Peninsula.
The city of Granada is situated at the foot of the Sierra Nevada. Its unique history has given it a multitude of artistic splendours, including Muslim palaces and treasures of the Christian renaissance.
Don Quijote Spanish School in Granada
In Granada, our school takes up five floors of a modern building, which has bright rooms and many balconies. It is equipped with heating and air conditioning, which is very important considering that the city has months of intense heat as well as months of very cold weather.
Just like the other don Quijote schools, it has all the necessary teaching equipment, such as computers, overhead projectors and video recorders.
The school also has a large lounge area where you can relax between lessons, watch TV, read Spanish books or newspapers. It is situated on a quiet street, just a few minutes from the Alhambra Cathedral, the Albaicín and the convention centre.
- Intensive Spanish
- General 20+5
- General 30+5
- Spanish for life
- Professional Courses
- Spanish Teachers
- Work experience
- Paid work
- Spanish and Activities
- Spanish and Arabic culture
- Specialised courses
- Intensive Spanish for tourism
- Official exam
- Chamber of Commerce
- Christmas Courses
- For children and teenagers
- Summer courses
- Holy week : The biggest festival in Granada, this event attracts more and more vistors every year. It takes place between 22nd March and 25th April.
- Festival of the Reconquest : On the 2nd January, the town celebrates the taking of Granada by the Catholic monarchs.
- Festival of Las Cruces : Every year during the first week of May, the people of Granada celebrate the ‘May Cross’. There is singing, dancing, and people decorate their balconies with flowers in every colour.
- Feria de Corpus Christi : This festival takes place between May and June and is a bullfighting event, during which 5 bullfights are organised in the town.
Activities and excursions
A programme of activities is organised each week. The activities take place in the late afternoon during the week, Saturday and Sunday mornings, and include such things as:
- Dance classes
- Andalusian culture classes
- Music and singing classes
- History lessons
- Visits to Las Alpujaras and to Còrdoba
- Spanish Language School in Barcelona
- Spanish Language School in Granada
- Spanish Language School in Madrid
- Spanish Language School in Marbella
- Spanish Language School in Salamanca
- Spanish Language School in Sevilla
- Spanish Language School in Tenerife
- Spanish Language School in Valencia
- Spanish Language School in Guanajuato (Mexico)