Learn Spanish in Valencia
Valencia (900,000 inhabitants) is located on the east coast of spain between the sea, the Sierra del Negreate mountains and the plains of Castilla La Mancha. It is the third largest city within Spain and is known as the capital of Paella making, the largest recreational area in Europe and boasting one of the most animated nightlifes in spain. The city also offers a mix of history, traditions and modernity.
The Art and Science development within Valencia has made the city an important place as regards culture and leisure and is made up of a Palace of Arts, a science museum, a cinema, an oceanography park, a planetarium and botanic gardents. Art lovers flock to Valencia, not only because of the vast examples of modern art, but also for the works of Goya and Greco. Not forgetting, Valencia also boasts beaches, waves and the sun, meaning something for everybody!
Valencia is the perfect place to learn spanish. Located on the Mediterranean coast, one benefits from a pleasant climate all year round, whilst the locals are friendly and welcoming, you will feel at home straight away. Also there are regular international fairs and exhibitions, thus a language course in this modern town can only be successful.
Don Quijote Spanish School in Valencia
The school is located in a stunning building in the heart of the university city of valencia. There you will find a lively student atmosphere, sports facilities and transport to take you all over the city, and you will never be more than a few minutes from the beach. The school is made up of 12 classrooms (more than 20 in the summer) and more than 700 rooms are available in the residence located in the same building.
- Intensive Spanish
- General 20+5
- General 30+5
- Spanish for life
- Professional Spanish
- Teachers of Spanish
- Work experience
- Christmas Courses
- Specialised courses
- Official exam
- For children and teenagers
- Summer camps
- Las Fallas: (15th - 19th march) During the week of San José, Valencia commemorates its patron saint with Las Fallas, an exciting mix of colours, lights, music and fireworks. There are also papier maché cartoons which are burnt on the last day, covering the city in a mist of ash.
- Noche de San Juan: On the evening of June 23rd, the locals and their visitors meet on the beach at the edge of the water, where they dip their toes. According to traditions, this will allow their wishes to come true.
- Feria de Julio: July is a month of parties and festivals in Valencia all along the Paseo de la Almeda and the Jardines de Vivios. Concerts, bull runs and traditional "Batalla de Flores" (Flowers Battle) are enjoyed throughout the town.
- Dia de la comunidad Valencia : October 9th is when valencians celebrate the conquering of the town, and tradition dictates that all the women receive a handkerchief filled with marzipan sweets.
Activities and excursions
A programme of activities and excursions is arranged every week. They take place in the late afternoon and at the weekend.
- City tours
- A welcome dinner
- History classes
- Culture classes
- Museum visits
- Excursion to Xátiva
- Spanish Language School in Barcelona
- Spanish Language School in Granada
- Spanish Language School in Madrid
- Spanish Language School in Marbella
- Spanish Language School in Salamanca
- Spanish Language School in Sevilla
- Spanish Language School in Tenerife
- Spanish Language School in Valencia
- Spanish Language School in Guanajuato (Mexico)