Spanish Activities in Malaga
The Activities Coordinator arranges a regular schedule of local activities, day-trips, and weekend excursions to area attractions. These trips are organized for both short-term International Language School students as well as for Academic Year Abroad students.
Activities are an important part of your course. They not only help you to relax after a day studying but more importantly they provide you with an opportunity to meet and make friends from other classes, other countries and other cultures. They provide the essential complement to the classroom, a chance to talk to new friends in your one common language - Spanish.
Typical Activities and Excursions
We have a weekly program of activities on campus (dances, movie nights, coffeehouse nights) at either no cost or minimal cost. The Activities Coordinator will also organize sports games and tournaments, depending on student interest and participation.
Examples of activities
Please note that these are examples and activities may differ during your programme.
Malaga offers a great number of cultural and recreational activities. Every Thursday afternoon throughout the year there are a number of tours that feature the city's heritage, which are organized by the Tourist Board. Please note that most excursions and activities require a contribution from the students and a minimum number of participants. Some examples:
- Tour of Moorish Malaga: visiting the "Alcazaba", a fortified Moorish palace built in the 11th Century, and the 14th Century "Gibralfaro" fortification.
- Tour of Holy Malaga: visiting the city's Gothic cathedral with its magnificent interior, and the Sanctuary of Victoria's ancient baroque crypt.
- Tour of Green Malaga: visiting the historical botanical gardens "Jardin Historico-Botanico de la Concepcion", an impressive collection of tropical and Mediterranean flora.
- Tour of Malaga's People: visiting the "Casa Natal de Picasso"- Picasso's birthplace and the "Museo de Artes Populares".
- Historic Malaga: There are Flamenco dance classes where you can learn the typical dances such as the "Verdiales" and the lively "Malaguenas", before moving on to "Sevillanas".
Full-day Trips: Day excursions visit such exceptional cities as Ronda, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Córdoba and Seville. All of this is made possible by Malaga's excellent location.
Two-day Excursions: For students looking to experience Spain beyond Malaga we also offer weekend excursions to places such as Madrid, Granada and even Morocco!
Parties: Welcome parties, farewell parties, barbecues in the school's garden patio and more! Our Activities Director is dedicated to making your time with us fun and relaxing by planning social events each week.